Thank You so much for landing here, and giving your precious time to read my blog.
Your comments will appreciate me more, so feel free to drop your views on my post :)

Search Books

Wednesday, 8 July 2015

Meeting her again is like a fantasy!!

After years I am going to see her today. I wonder how much she would have changed in these years. No one from the whole batch is in contact with her. But I was filled with joy, when I saw her name in the registration list of this year’s Alumni Meet. I am unable to sleep at nights in the excitement, that we will meet again in the same venue where we once started our journey. In the precedent years I have tried so many times to find her, but no one has a single clue for her. Nobody knows where she is!!
I am hopeful for her even today, and the moments of our love still brings smile on my face. In four years of our affair, she never turned so angry at me, then the day we broke up. And I still curse that moment and those situations, which separated us for all our lives.
I still remember how her family forced her for marriage. And when the state of affairs turned worse she asked me about our future. I was not ready to marry that time, because as an elder son it was my turn to pay back to my mother’s struggle. I lost my father when I was 18, and my mother brought me up along with two siblings. Between the two options of family and love I chose family and hence we broke up.



I start shivering when I recall her eyes shedding billions of tears at the time we departed. I am still guilty for the pain I gave her.  Her aching face often comes in front of me, filled with mixed emotions when we waved off for the last time. Her choked throat still asks me the question…. Why can’t we????
I became an entrepreneur, and own a profit earning company today. My mother tried to convince me several times for marriage but somehow I managed to avoid her all the time. I have everything in my life today, except her. She got engaged forcefully to a guy of her family’s choice but no one knows about her, after that. She might be a mother now, and she might look fatty than before. After all five years is a long time to convert a beautiful girl into a typical house wife. I don’t know she will talk to me or not, as I am the culprit who ruined her life. My patience had lost all the limits, and I am eager to see her.
Meeting her again is like a fantasy!!

Here comes the day. The Alumni meet, for which I was waiting restlessly. I am here before the stated time, as I don't want to miss anything today. Some of my friends joined me an hour latter, but my eyes were still in search of my princess. The function started with the formal lightning in front of goddess followed with a welcome speech. My eyes were locked on the entrance, for which I was continuously getting tease from my friends.

There she is!


In a pink suit, open hairs, wearing a formal smile on her face. She is still the same beautiful girl, delivering charm and attracting everyone with her innocent eyes. She came in, and joined some of my colleagues in the front rows. I was speechless, I want to hold her tight in my arms again and regret for my deeds. I want to cry loud in front of her, and let her know that I still love her. But I know, I can't!!

After the formal function, the batch started interacting forming various groups. I addressed her directly. Our eyes met, she passed a simple smile as if she has thousands of complain in her heart. And why not, It was me who broke her heart into pieces. Tears started rolling down from my cheeks, and I was unable to utter a single word. She stood idle for sometime and then started moving towards the entrance, holding my hands into hers. 

Despite of the fact that she is married, she took me to the place where we used to share our love before some years. She left my hands, and looked in my eyes. I was confused, by the marathon of thoughts and her gesture. I somehow recollected myself and asked her.. How are you?
How am I looking right now?? ...she asked.
I am sorry for my deeds.. I said.
Its ok! It don't hurt anymore.. she said.
(With an expression of sarcasm on her face)

Both of us stood quite for sometime. Some how to carry on the conversation, I just asked... where are your kids?
She didn't replied anything, but gave a dramatic look!
How is your husband... I asked then.
I left him along with my family, the next day I got married.. She said.
Like a dumb I asked... why??
With a choking voice she said... Instead of ruining somebody's life, it is better to leave before we start.
But what about your family?? ..i asked.
My family would have never permitted me to do this, and hence I decided not to cheat my soul for their sake... She replied.
Then where were you in these years?... I asked.
I somehow managed to survive!... she replied.

I am filled with anger. I started screaming on her, for not contacting me again. I scolded her for the foolishness she did. It was hurtful for me, that she suffered a lot but now it is paining more after knowing her present. I spoke everything that came in mind.She didn't responded anything. Not even a single word!

I am talking to you.. I shouted!
yes, I know.. She said politely.
Then why didn't you ever tried to come back to me.. I screamed again.
I just thought, you are not in my fate.. She said.


I pulled her in my arms and hugged her for her innocence. Both of us started crying like a kid. You are still a fool.. I said slowly in her ears. She just lost herself after that and outbursted everything into tears. 
I am happy. 
I am grateful to GOD, that I have my girl again and I promise not to loose her for the rest of my life.


~NOOPUR~

38 comments:

  1. Such a heart warming story, i wish it never happens with anyone....be with your love always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously... its a tough time for anyone to live apart from the one we love :(

      Delete
  2. Touching! Wonderfully narrated, Noopur!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very nice and well written story. I am glad that your note on my post made me come back here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Accept my gratitude for landing in here :)

      Delete
  4. Touching story beautifully narrated by you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow is this a true story of what happened to you? It is bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No this is not my story... Thank you for landing here at my space :)

      Delete
  6. Sad but happy ending.....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's good that they are back together, but I wish she had contacted him earlier :-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful heartwarming story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful heartwarming story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful story with such kind of deep emotions..:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very well written my friend! Very engrossing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your appreciation matters a lot... Thanks :)

      Delete
  12. This story draws the reader in and has great possibilities as to where it would take the reader. And as I have been thinking about my high school class reunion coming up in October, I wonder...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the best for your reunion... enjoy a lot!!

      Delete
  13. Very nicely written. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a warmth story! Feeling like to hug my gf and never let her go. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go ahead then... your feelings for your Gf completed my motto behind writing the story. God bless you both :)

      Delete
  15. Amazing. Such a heart melting story, and few lines are just awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice post, things explained in details. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

    ReplyDelete