Thank You so much for landing here, and giving your precious time to read my blog.
Your comments will appreciate me more, so feel free to drop your views on my post :)

Search Books

Friday, 18 July 2014

Four friends

Friendship has no definations and it is a relation that can not be expressed with few words.


“A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.”
Elbert Hubbard
Today I read in an article about friendship. The article carried some simple excercises. The first was as below.....
It asked to state the name of four friends, who were also my friends four years back.
I easily tracked those faces who were my friends for last four years and even longer than that. They are the relations with whom  I shared my joys, sorrows, happiness, laughter....everything that I felt I expressed them all the time.
The next part of the article asked me to assure if those four will be my friend and share the same bond, for four more years. Now this was something, which surprised me. I was not yet able to track, that what exactly that article is trying to convey????
But here comes the explanation.... In life we trust people, we make friends, we share a special bond, we get hurt....but rarest are the relations that sustain their life longer. Every person in this world witness ups and downs in life. And if we analyse, we find that many people are around us in happiness but a relation is justified if it stand beside you in bad times.
Now it was clear to me, that identify the relations that are truly mine and stay far from the fake ones. Because a single friend is enough for whole life, whose shoulder is there always to lean upon.
“When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.”
Henri J.M. Nouwen, Out of Solitude: Three Meditations on the Christian Life

2 comments:

  1. Very true.. what you say .. Lucky are the ones who have such friends, me being one of them


    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tum logo ki dosti sada bani rahi :-D

    ReplyDelete